Friday, February 15, 2019

Mini Batch Reunion at Hyde Park Residencies

As she so frequently does, Pram entertained not only many friends from our batch, but also quite a few from our senior batch as well, last Saturday (9th February), at her Hyde Park Residencies where she now lives. It was a Mini Reunion of sorts where I met two old friends for the first time since our graduation in March 1967. They were LPJM (Pulasthi) Wickramasinghe and Asoka (Lubber) Wijeyekoon. Lubber has joined me and Anton Ambrose as members of the Baldies' Club!

I have inserted below, a few pictures from the event.




Standing L-R: Lubber, Lucky, Sanath, Harsha, JC, Senerat, LPJM. Kumar
Seated L-R: Suri, Swyrie, Pram, Chira, Bunter, Sura












Lucky at the mike singing with "Vendo" at the keyboards 





7 comments:

  1. It is nice to know what I missed! I couldn't identify LPJM I am afraid but the other batch members were no problem. Among non-batch, i spotted Gitanjali, Sidath's wife and several wives but not all. I understand from Pram that there were some Senior batch members. Lucky, what is/are the song/s you sang? Loved to have been there to join you. These PPSE's are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sang only two old CT Fernando numbers - "Lo ada ninde" and Ma bala kale". I thought JC and Mahendra will follow, but they didn't.

    Our senior batch was represented by Narada Wijayatilleke, his youngest brother Chandragupta (not a doctor), Lalitha Mendis, Nilani Sugathapala, Milroy Fernando, Nalin Perera and some spouses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky,Our batch-mate,Upali Wijeratne has been looking for LPJM.Could you please let Upali or me have his contact,email or mobile number?LPJM has been a friend of both of us.Very nice to see the old folks once again.

    Sumathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see so many old friends from medical school. LPJM was a Jeewakite remember the good old days. Great to see Lubber back in the fold. Pram is a wonderful organiser of events all the while keeping a low profile. Long live the batch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Posted in behalf of Zita.
    I have have been to such get togethers at Pram's place in the past. I remember the hospitality, the conviviality, the beautiful scenes both from up there as well as once we were down in the lawn. It's an experience which one remembers. Pram is one person who takes the trouble to try and meet up. She is an example to us. Zita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky
    Great to see you exercise your vocal cords and belt out those CTF favourites. Did you lubricate the VC with some amber nectar? Wonderful to see old pals let their hair down and enjoy themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see these get togethers I become nostalgic and wish I could have been there. Nice to see the faces and be reassured that we are blessed with good health. Time for another batch reunion.

    ReplyDelete