Tuesday, June 6, 2023

SAD NEWS- SRIANI BASNAYAKE'S HUSBAND RALPH PASSES AWAY

NEWS JUST IN

Ralph Wickremaratne passes away


Suri just informed me that Ralph Wickremaratne, husband of our batchmate Sriani Dissanayake Basnayake, passed away today after a short illness.

I recall Ralph for his Rugby prowess at Royal College. He was a key member of the team that won the Bradby Shield after a lapse of 7 years in 1958.

He became a planter and later went to Australia before returning to Sri Lanka after 26 years.

Funeral details are not yet available but are expected to be most likely on Thursday.

Update 07/06.

Funeral arrangements for Ralph Wickremaratne at AF Raymonds tomorrow 8 th June from 2-4 pm ( closed coffin) service @ 4 PM

We offer our sincere condolences to Sriani and all family members.

May he Rest In Peace


The above photo was taken at Jetwing Blue Hotel, Negombo, at the 50th Anniversary celebratory Reunion of our Batch in March 2017.

It shows from Left to Right:- Chitra, Sriani, Dharmani, Lucky, Ralph and Mangala

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sriani
    It was with great sadness I received the news of the passing of your dear husband. I wish to express my sincere and heartfelt condolences on your loss. At this time of grief may the love and care of the Good Lord be with you. May his Soul Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pramilla SenanayakeJune 7, 2023 at 9:03 AM

    Funeral arrangements for Ralph Wickremaratne(husband of Sriyani Basnayake)at AF Raymonds tomorrow 8 th June from 2-4 pm ( closed coffin) service @ 4 PM please share with others

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sriani,
    You may not see this, but know that your friends are thinking of you. Ralph was a good guy and I enjoyed meeting him on my visits to Colombo. I was saddened to read that he had passed away. I hope that his end was peaceful. May he Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Srianee
    Very sad to read that Ralph passed away.I remember Ralph starting his planting career at Wikiliya estate Balangoda, good friend of my sister Luckshmie and BIL Wickrema . A nice person and enjoyed meeting him at our reunions.May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete