Tuesday, September 24, 2019

E-mail from Suren Iyer's wife Swini

Dear Lucky

Firstly I want to 🙏 thank you for the grand job you are doing with the blog.

A boy by the name Saman whom my wonderful husband helped to educate, found out through your blog the sad demise of Suren. Suren and I lost touch with Saman once he completed his education. I was so pleased to find Saman’s message on your blog requesting for my contact details on the 25th March 2019.  I am 😄 happy to say that I have been in touch with Saman and he was thrilled to hear from me and saddened to hear of the passing of Suren. Suren would have been proud of Saman’s achievement.

I am grateful to your blog. Please keep up the good work..The time and effort you put in to keep this blog alive is much appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Wishing you the best,

Swini.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you Swini for the lovely reminder of our dear friend Suren. So wonderful to hear of your helpful kindness and generosity to such a deserving young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful news Swini! Most of all, to learn of Suren's ( and I am sure yours too), generosity in helping to educate Saman and secondly to know that the Blog has helped in reestablishing contact with Saman. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear about the meritorious act of Suren.I am sure he must have abhorred self-indulgence in his earnings.May his passage in the unfathomable cycle of birth,shortened by his virtues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not surprised at this. This is exactly what Suren is (oh dear, I find it hard to talk of him in the past tense). He never spoke of these lovely things he did. He wasn't one to blow his own trumpet. He was very well read and the books he recommended I still read parts of, again and again as they hold many lessons for life. I hope Swini, that you feel some consolation in the wonderful person that he was. Zita

    ReplyDelete