Reunion photo recollections from Srianee (Bunter) Dias
Two collages. You have to guess who they are! Thanks, Srianee.
![]() |
| Negombo 2017 |
This blog (created in March 2011 by Lucky) is about new entrants to the Colombo Medical Faculty of the University of Ceylon (as it was then known) in June 1962. There were a total of 166 in the batch (included 11 from Peradeniya). Please address all communications to: colmedgrads1962@gmail.com. Header image: Courtesy Prof. Rohan Jayasekara, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo (2011 - 2014). Please use the search bar using a keyword to access what interests you
Two collages. You have to guess who they are! Thanks, Srianee.
![]() |
| Negombo 2017 |
Srianee has a collection of Reunion photos which she wishes to share on the Blog. This is the first. Names are not given, and it is a challenge for you to name them! The reunion calendar in Sri Lanka so far :-
ReplyDelete1988:1st Reunion at the Holiday Inn Colombo
1992: 25th Anniversary Reunion at the Lanka Oberoi.
1997: 30th anniversary at Coral Gardens, Hikkaduwa.
2007: The 40th Anniversary at Cinnamon Lodge Habarana.
2012: 45th Anniversary was held at Chaya Trans Hikkaduwa in 2012
2017: 50th Anniversary at Jetwing Blue. Negombo
(2026- Planned 60th Anniversary in Colombo)
Srianee,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing those wonderful photographs from the reunions held in Sri Lanka. Although I was never able to attend any of them, I truly wish I had been there. Even so, I feel a part of the joy and happiness that shines through every picture.
Many of our dear friends are no longer with us, and seeing them surrounded by their companions is especially touching. It brings back fond memories of our many reunions in London, as well as the international gathering in London in 1992. May those treasured memories remain with us for many years to come.
In the meantime, I wish all of us who are still fortunate enough to be part of this wonderful world continued good health, happiness, and peace.
Take care until we meet again.
I'm glad you enjoyed them, Nihal. And Mahen, thanks for posting them so that our friends could enjoy them.
Delete2017 reunion photos of evening function- well worth revisiting. Here is the link:
ReplyDeletehttps://colombomedgrads1962.blogspot.com/2017/03/batch-reunion-2017-part-6-banquet-and_16.html#comment-form
very comprehensive collection of photos posted by Lucky.
Might be easier to click on the link I added to the main body of this post.
I just did. thank you Mahen.
DeleteI don't know whether our regulars noted- I edited the blog layout and made the grey band on the Right side narrower and the white area where the main script appears bigger. The photos now look nicer and bigger- (I think!).
ReplyDelete