Monday, August 10, 2015

V.P.H. Rajapaksa in New York

Preethi Rajapaksa (aka "Victor Procter Hector") met Indra Anandasabapathy recently in Staten Island, NY.


Preethi is called by different names - Preethi, Pakse, Rajapakse, VPH. "Victor, Procter, Hector" etc. The last was coined by none other than our late friend "Sunna" (S.R. De Silva). I had a time deciding which one to use.

I knew about the Rajapaksa visit to NY beforehand as I had met Preethi and family at dinner at Gnanissara's place in Sri Lanka a couple of months ago. 

Indra and Rani seem to be having a flood of visitors these days!


3 comments:

  1. Good old Doctor Victor Hector Proctor! Haven't met him for years, the last time being in Kandy I think. Not sure whether he made it to the reunion at Hikkaduwa.Indra's place seems to be a common pit stop for our batchmates! Poor Victor P H will forever be remembered for his "counting ants experience" at our Final Year trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pakse and Indra,
    'Pakse' as I knew him well,we crossed our paths long years after we qualified as doctors in the comfortable Doctor's Lounge at St George's Medical School Hospital at the then Hyde Park Corner site before it moved to Tooting. I was Senior Reg. in Haematology there, & ,Pakse was doing an appointment in Anaesthetics. Of course, later we mett at our Reunion at Cinnamon Lodge in 2007.
    Now, as for Indra,, he is one of the most GENEROUS & GRACIOUS guys I have known. I believe he was the person who hosted one of the 'Night's' Entertainment & Dinner for the congregation out of his 'own pocket' when we met for our Reunion in New York, I think in 2000, just before I went to New Zealand!!!
    Our fondest regards and goodwill to Pakse & Indra and their families.
    May God be with you all........ TILL WE MEET AGAIN.
    Razaque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doctor Victor Proctor Hector welcome to our Blog. It is lovely to see you with my old school pal Indra and family
    Enjoy your well earned holiday
    ND

    ReplyDelete