Monday, October 22, 2018

Another article about Lareef Idroos

Last month, September 14th to be exact, I had posted an article on Lareef by sports journalist Elmo Rodrigopulle. Today I give you another long one (with illustrations) written by Sujith Silva that appeared on the website called Quadrangle on May 30th, 2018 - (www.quadrangle.lk) Both journalists would have interviewed Lareef during his short visit to Sri Lanka recently.

Please click on the following link:

https://quadrangle.lk/a-spin-doctor-on-a-mission/

BA's note: This should have appeared under "Latest News" of our blog too. But I am way behind in this respect. I do apologise for that lapse. I shall get down to do some "catching up" when I have time. 

4 comments:

  1. Excellent article indeed. The last quote in the interview, from Lareef, stood out for me, and I quote "Looking back I am still grateful to all teachers who taught me at St.Thomas' and fellow Thomians. Back in the days, we never had issues with language, caste or religion. We all got along with Tamils, Muslims and Sinhalese. It was a wonderful experience and taught us many lessons too. I cherish those memories to date"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mahen. It is a fine memory from a wonderful era of school cricket played in the true spirit of the game. Lareef was such a fine cricketer and is a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete