Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Response to "Important Message"

Just to give you an idea of the pattern of feedback and the type of problems I encounter, the e-mails to the following bounced back immediately.

Gwendoline Perera, Navam, Maheswari Singharayer, Sivananda, Harsha and Revo. There will be more to follow in the next couple of days.

However, Sanath Lama had immediately sent Sivananda's new address. I greatly appreciate such action especially when the sender (Sanath in this case) is still one of the busiest members of the batch. I also had responses from Pram, Sunil Abey, Sumathi, Rasanathan, Yoga, Kumar Guna, Lalini Seebert Rajapaksa, Indra Ananda, Malkanthie Wije, Mahesan, Chitta (Thiagarajah), Zita, Nalin Nana, Suji Lena, Sriani Dissanayake (Basnayake), Vasanthy Thuraisingham, Nithya, Kusuma, Rohini Ana and Vasantha Jayasuriya (Owitigala). I am very grateful to those of you who have helped and offered to help. Above all, your response indicates that you receive my e-mails. This is very important to me. I am sure there will be a few more responses in the next few days. Attale had seen my e-mail and called. He is in SL right now. That's 22 out of the 102 that I wrote to.

As requested by Priya's husband Chula, I have retained their e-mail address in my list. He told me that he would like to know how Priya's friends are faring.

One colleague has informed me that he will be unable to attend due to ill health. Let's not forget that there may be many more out there who are unable even to pen a few lines, even if they have access to a computer. Regrettably, I am unable to contact some locally based colleagues by e-mail. The only way I can contact them is by telephone or calling over at their residences personally! That is a tall order because there will be many such individuals whom I will invariably have to call or visit. 

Fortunately, being a true "RETIREE" in every sense of the word, I have time to do all this. I will continue to do it as long as I am fit and able. As a positive, I am quite convinced that indulging in this type of work certainly helps to keep away dementias, especially the much feared Alzheimer's Disease!

*****************************************************************************************************

Since sending out the above message to those in the mailing list, as expected, more responses keep trickling in. Apart from the above mentioned, I have received messages from the following:

Suren, Anton Ambrose, Shanthy Edwards (Nalliah), Vasanthy Perera (Thuraisingham), Nihal Amerasekera (ND), Rajan (Patas) Ratnesar, Srianee (Bunter), Razaque, Berty Nanayakkara, Rajalakshmi (Chellappah), Sura (Abeysuriya), Manel Wijesundera (Ratnavibhushana), K. Balachandra, Chandra Silva and Mahendra (Speedy) Gonsalkorale.

1 comment:

  1. It was heartening to know that so many people responded. After a lapse of so many years, it is not at all surprising that as we have wandered on in this stream of life to new pastures and made new contacts, and with the rear view mirror becoming a bit cloudy, our priorities have changed, but I know that our memories remain and are capable of being rekindled by wiping clean the mirror with kind thoughts and good wishes.

    I do hope that the planned 50th will be well attended by our Mates and their families and I have no doubt that it will be an occasion to chersih and remember.

    ReplyDelete