Friday, October 31, 2014

Staying Young

Rohini (Anandaraja) writes.........

Since writing about growing old, the blog seems to have been lulled into inactivity! Not even Sriani Snippets 4 has appeared!
I thought an antidote might be to make "old age" the past and "staying young" the future! After all, in spite of our chronological age, I am sure most of us are still very young at heart!


To start the ball rolling, I quote Lucille Ball most would have heard sometime -


"The  secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age"!

2 comments:

  1. Timely comment for us "not so young" folks Rohini. My favourite quotes are from Maurice Chevalier. "Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative" and "You don't stop laughing because you grow older. You grow older because you stop laughing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true speedy - I must look into more quotes by Chevalier - What I remember very vividly about him is the film Gigi which we would have seen in our school days and Thank heaven for little girls! Iam sure you would remember this too- Thankyou for your comment- Rohini

    ReplyDelete