Saturday, December 2, 2017

A Christmas Wish

A Christmas Wish   
                       .


Never let me outgrow Christmas
Loose the wonder and delight
In Christmas trees and decorations
In singing carols by candlelight.

Never let the spirit of Christmas
Be forgotten this time of year,
The joy of Loving, Caring, Sharing
Wishing all people Peace and Good Cheer

Never let me lose the simple
Vision of a little child,
Never let me doubt or question,
Ever-trusting all the while.

Keep me just the way you made me,
When I first saw light of day,
Give me what is necessary,
Taking all the rest away.

Never let me outgrow Christmas,
Nor the lessons I have learned,
Let me not expect a bonus,
Only that which I have earned.

As I kneel outside the Stable,
Draw me ever close to your side,
Help me to Serve, be Gentle and Forgiving
Day by day, let Love be my guide.

Suriyakanthie Amarasekera -


7 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for a beautiful and timely Christmas message Suri. May I take this opportunity to wish all my colleagues a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me also use our batch blog to wish all colleagues Happy and Prosperous New Year.

    Suri joining the small band of contributors also brings good tidings especially for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Inspiring! Just the thing to start off the coming Season. I particularly like ' never let me lose the simple vision of a child'. I hope many more will be inspired to submit their thoughts. Thanks a lot for giving the Season such a good welcome. Zita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zita . You are the creative one I remember the poems you wrote " Not much luck with the Diathermy aney, when the assistant burnt poor Gane !! ( at the end of our Surgical appiontment with Misso and the many Personalised Birthday cards I have recieved over the years. I almost forgot the one you put up near the Stair case wishing our Senior Batch for the Finals"..... We wish you luch right , before the frantic scribbling starts!

      Delete
  4. Suri, thank you for putting the proper perspective on the Christmas message. "Never let the Spirit of Christmas be forgotten this time of year, The Joy of Loving, Caring, Sharing, wishing all people Peace and Good Cheer." Somehow, here in the USA one has to battle against the pressures of advertising, where the message is "buy, buy, buy or else you will be miserable." The true meaning of Christmas seems to get buried under all of that. So thank you for the reminder. I will try not to be a "Grinch" this Christmas! I have such fond memories of singing carols with you! Best wishes to everyone this Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Srianee

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see you back Srianee! We have missed you. Wish you and your family a Happy Xmas and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete