Monday, April 27, 2015

Jokes - Sent in by Rajan (Patas) Ratnesar

Nothing to Declare
An attractive young woman on a flight from Ireland asked the Priest beside her, "Father, may I ask a favor?"
"Of course child. What may I do for you?"
"Well, I bought my mother an expensive hair dryer for her birthday. It is unopened but well over the Customs limits and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there any way you could carry it through customs for me? Hide it under your robes perhaps?"
"I would love to help you, dear, but I must warn you, I will not lie."
"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you."
When they got to Customs, she let the priest go first. The official asked, "Father, do you have anything to declare?"
"From the top of my head down to my waist I have nothing to declare."
The official thought this answer strange, so asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waist to the floor?"
"I have a marvelous instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused."
Roaring with laughter, the official said, "Go ahead, Father. Next please!"

5 comments:

  1. Rajan
    Despite the passage of years, we have all been through, it is wonderful to note you haven't lost the art of humour. I recall with much nostalgia those happy years at Medical College and your great ability to see the funny side of our daily lives. In spite of the hostile environment, the heat of the exams and the toxic days before the results you always had something to laugh about.
    Welcome to our Blog and our community of happy Bloggers.
    ND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to declare is a popular TV series in the UK. I must confess I haven't seen any of it. For exiles like us who have become regular intercontinental travellers 'Nothing to Declare' brings forth more emotions than laughter - Anger , irritation and even a sense of orgasmic release to see the light of day outside. But we must allow the last word to Oscar Wilde " I have nothing to declare except my genius"
      perhaps referring to the New York Customs on one of his visits to that great country. His sarcasm is well founded remembering my own encounters.
      ND

      Delete
  2. Rajan you bugger, at last a blogger! Welcome and a wonderful start with a contribution that reflects your refined sense of humour on aspects which had to wait till you left St Thomas's! . My old boss at Cambridge referred to "instruments" as equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky, I like your touch in showing Nothing to Declare in a green background as you see in real life Customs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Patas! Please send us some more.
    Sriani

    ReplyDelete